Thursday, March 21, 2013

Finalization Meeting Completed


Met with our SR today to pick out brick, siding, shutters and finalize all selections to go to permitting. We are getting La Cava Brick which is a very light red brick. It looks almost white from the street. If any bloggers know any other bloggers that have this brick, please let me know! None of the houses in our neighborhood have it as it was just added. There is a very light brick in our neighborhood that I believe looks similar. (See Below)

 
Much like the house in the picture, we also got black Shutters/Door and Almond Garage Door. We were also very happy to see a sold sign on our site now!


Perhaps the biggest surprise today was to see that home prices in our neighborhood have gone up yet again. The home is already selling for $15,000 more than what we purchased it at 4 weeks ago! It would be great to see that trend continue! 



9 comments:

  1. I like the brick color. It gives the house a very clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brick looks very pretty! Our house prices have sky rocketed, too. Makes you feel good about the choice to build!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I just found your blog this evening, as I'm a Ryan Homes blog stalker. :) I'm building in Maryland too...down in Clinton. And, I also chose La Cava as my brick color. For reference, another blogger (http://dwtimes2.blogspot.com/) chose this brick, and her house is built. And beautiful, in my opinion.

    There was a slight issue with efflorescence, but I think it all worked out in the end.

    I'm blogging as well. I won't break ground until late May - I specifically requested an August closing. I can be found here: http://buildingasavoy.blogspot.com/

    Welcome to blog land!! I look forward to following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey. I like the brick a lot. It looks darker than the brick that we posted above (Which is a good thing).

      Delete
  4. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR JUSTIN! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

    What is the Milan starting at now? We should have a party! #justsaying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw--The Milan picture above is our neighbors Jenn&Thomas! Lovely folks!!

      Delete
    2. The Milan is now up to $395,000 we bought it at $375,000 and they haven't even broken ground yet!

      Delete
  5. Here I am dwtimes2, and yes I have Lacava brick, I love it and its not reddish at all........

    The whiteness has gone away and i love our brick selection, although i think you werent aloud this in your plan if I read correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Yeah, they ended up telling us that the La Cava was not approved by the HOA.

      We are back to our original choice which is in the picture above. I did like the La Cava though and thought it would be great to have something in the community that was different. Oh well.

      Delete