Wednesday, September 18, 2013
+Sheldon Smith +RickNadase Proctor - Would love to hear from you guys since we had the same project manager in the same community, but would welcome input from anybody!
So, we have our home walk through tomorrow (Settlement next week on Wednesday!) and have been locked out of the house. However, we have been stopping by and peeking in on things. My concern is that, without even going into the house I have a list of items to be corrected. A lot of these things are little, but to me concerning about what else I will find and see when I walk through tomorrow. Here are the things that bother me already (and I will bring up tomorrow):
1. Black door needs to be touched up around the door handle (Can clearly see white around the knob, very obvious)
2. Black door has a white window and there are drops of black paint on the white frame.
3. Black metal light post in front yard is knicked up with scratches down to metal.
4. Landscaping beds have a lot of little pieces of trash in them (Cigarette butts, construction trash, etc)
5. Door frame around front door has obvious brush strokes, to the point where I can see white through the paint and also drops of paint
So this is my list without even stepping into the house. Did others have similar experiences with the walkthrough? How many issues did you find? Were they resolved easily and quickly?
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
First off... +Sheldon Smith +RickNadase Proctor do either one of you guys have knowledge on getting HOA approval on a fence? I have an estimate for a fence, that is the same style as others in the community, I just need to know where to get started on the HOA approval.
And now...onto the house! We are about 3 weeks away from completion. The inside of the house has painted walls, cabinets, counters, working electricity and AC. It is still missing the hardwood floor and the carpet. Short of the remaining flooring, the house just needs touch up paint and a lot of cleaning. The outside of the house needs gutters, shutters, driveway, sidewalks and all of the landscaping.
I am going to try and find time to stop by tomorrow to get some good pictures of the inside to post. In the meantime, here is a recent outside shot!